- All 10 legislative committees of the General Conference will meet in the Convention Center. Media representatives may attend but space in some will be limited. Names of people serving on each legislative committee can be found in the advance edition of the Daily Christian Advocate.
The committees review, sort and refine legislative proposals. No action is final until taken by the General Conference in plenary session. Progress reports from each committee are posted in the News Room each evening and will appear in the next day's issue of the Daily Christian Advocate.
The 10 committees are:
- Church and Society -- (General Board of Church and Society, social justice resolutions and Social Principles).
- Conferences -- (District, annual, jurisdictional, general and "Global Nature of the Church").
- Discipleship -- (UM Men, National Youth Ministry Organization, baptism study, lay preachers).
- Financial Administration -- (clergy support, General Board of Pensions and Health Benefits, special days, Board of Publication and trustees).
- General Administration/Judicial Administration -- (General Council on Ministries, General Board of Global Ministries site selection, Judicial Council, the Advance, and special Sundays).
- Global ministries -- (United Methodist Women, General Board of Global Ministries, United Methodist Committee on Relief and Hispanic ministries).
- Higher Education and Chaplaincy -- (General Board of Higher Education and Ministry and seminaries).
- Independent Commissions -- (Commission on Archives and History, Commission on Christian Unity and Intereligous Concerns, Commission on Religion and Race, Commission on the Status and Role of Women, United Methodist Communications, and Consultation on Church Union).
- Local Church -- (Local church, charge conference and property).
- Ordained and Diaconal Ministry -- (Episcopal supervision,
representative ministry, superintendency, committee on episcopacy, and Bishops' Study of Ministry).