- Petitions are sent by agencies, conferences, churches, and
- The petitions secretary assigns petition numbers. The numbers
indicate the legislative committee, the chronological order, and the source.
- Petitions from agencies and conferences are printed in Advance Edition
I of the Daily Christian Advocate (DCA); all others are printed
Advance Edition II.
- Reference committee reviews assignments by petitions secretary. They
combine petitions and make new assignments to legislative committees
as deemed necessary.
- Legislative committees act upon petitions and make recommendations
to plenary session.
- Reports are sent to DCA. Copy is returned to committee
officers for approval. Copy is sent to the General Conference secretary
for a calendar number prior to being printed in the DCA.
- Plenary session acts upon calendar item.
- The action is printed in the Discipline or the
Book of Resolutions. The DCA becomes the
official journal of the General Conference.
General Conference Index
General Conference Webmaster: Susan Brumbaugh
PETS Creator: John Brawn
1996 United Methodist General Conference